Thursday, August 4, 2016

So much to say...

I have so much to say. I tried to write my testimony once... Not just how I came to Christ, but my story, well HIS story and how it has weaved through my life and my choices.  In the end, it was more of a summary due to the amount of time I had to share it.  It was directed towards a theme, contentment, in order to share it at a book study.  I did share it, to a room full of women. It was an interesting experience. I cried A LOT.  Even since that time, so much has happened.  I've hesitated rewriting my story in fear that because of the season I've been in, it would come off too informative and not as declarative as I'd like it to be.  Declarative as in Luke 8:39; "...declare how much God has done for you."  I want my story to be nothing more than a declaration of the amazing miracles I've experienced in my life. I want it to be a testimony of his love and goodness, and a way to show my children someday how much God has been at work in the details of their early lives.

So... is it time? Am I out of the fog, so to speak, where I can clearly declare God's victories in my life without simply telling a boring story, venting emotions and drama, that so many of us experience daily? I want to tell HIS story. Love, grace, forgiveness, acceptance, compassion... so much gratefulness to be shared. I'm sure there will be a bit of the drama and dirt. The stuff that makes His characteristics so much more stunning... It will be real. And it will probably be long. But at least it will be.



No comments: