Thursday, September 18, 2008

CHRISTMAS!!!

So I've been getting a bunch of email surveys/forwards from my mom and sister recently. And I keep putting my favorite holiday as HALLOWEEN! I love the creativity of picking a costume, making it, and heck, who doesn't love a holiday with unlimited CANDY!!! Also I have been putting THANKSGIVING as my favorite... I love Cuddle Season (this is what I call FALL) because of the weather, colors, and just the snuggliness of it. Is that a word?

Well, I have to say...
Last Christmas was probably the best I've ever had in my life. Christmas for quite a few years wasn't fun for me anymore. Without family around, a 'whole' family, and without feeling the true meaning, it just slowly dropped down my list of favorites. Two Christmases ago I made the choice to fly to California and spend the holiday with my best friend on the beach, and it was the best decision of my life. I will never forget that week with Keith and Christmas hasn't been the same since. Last Christmas Keith asked me to share my life with him, FOREVER, and I accepted. We shortly after became members of the most amazing church I've ever been too.
All season we had been enjoying the sounds of our church's worship team and their Christmas project. I just started thinking about that today, and right here, in my chair at work, began to tear up at the thought of how amazing CHRIST is, and how that season is celebrating Him coming to save us... What an incredible holiday!!!

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – December 10, 2007 – To raise money for its African mission work, Fellowship Bible Church in Brentwood, Tenn. recorded Ring the Bells: A Christmas Offering, a new CD of original music from Cindy Morgan, Ronnie Freeman, Christy Nockels, Geoff Moore, and many others. These artists presented the music in two concerts at Fellowship Bible on Thursday evening, December 6, and The Worship Network taped the event in High Definition for broadcast this Christmas and a DVD project in 2008.

Each musician, artist and producer who worked on the project donated his time, and all proceeds from concert ticket sales and CD sales will go to FBC’s work in Africa.

“We’re honored to be able to record this concert and help spread the word of how one church is using its talents to make a difference across the world,” said Bruce Koblish, president of the network. “This project will not only be a unique program to bring our viewers, but it also taps into our desire to work with local churches to create effective worship resources.”

For the latest airtimes and updates, visit The Worship Network’s website at
http://www.worship.net/.

Above is what how we celebrated with our church and worship team last year, and Keith and I are way too excited for this year. To pull out our CD and rejoice and worship the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ!! Last year Keith and I chose to donate 100% of our Christmas money to our African mission project by purchasing CDs and sending them to all of our family and friends. We are also very excited that a DVD will be released this year! We went to the concert, and it was great that they taped the performance! I urge you to click the link below where you can see a clip of this amazing event!!

http://www.worship.net/press/2007/06.asp

If anyone reading this blog (I know it's mostly family, and I'm sure you have a CD already) wants to donate to our African missions by purchasing a CD or DVD, YOU SHOULD!! It is amazing music, and 100% of it goes to a great cause. Keith and I feel honored to have such a talented Worship team, and feel blessed to live in this city full of beautiful music!

I LOVE YOU ALL AND I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!

No comments: